I'm a Bay Area based
Swiss Information Scientist,
focused on developing
data visualization projects and tools.
Helping clients manage, design, and realize data visualization projects of any size. Our focus is on solving industry specific problems and communicating effectively through data visualization and interaction design.
- Managed a team of 5 engineers.
- Architected a browser-based visualization platform through all layers of the stack.
- Followed and led an iterative development process.
- Taught a graduate level class on Information Visualization.
- Lecturing, evaluation, and on-the-project coaching for multiple project teams and 40 students.
Created an interactive visualization prototype for exploratory data analysis based on census data, political indicators and location based data.
Created and implemented the communication platform for the Redistricting Group at Berkeley.
Developed an information architecture based on the group’s needs.
- Developed an interactive visualization to facilitate visual correlation analysis of large-scale term corpus.
Managed a project that implemented a solvency check system for a major Swiss telecommunication company (SOA, Web Services, XML)
Provided integration support of standard software solutions into enterprise IT landscape (Oracle, Business Objects)
Consulted for data warehousing unit in a banking industry firm
Analyzed, designed and implemented data mapping user interface used to configure data warehousing process definitions
Developed and maintained company-wide data mart facilitating analysis of bulk risks associated with large group companies
Created requirements in collaboration with business analysts
Developed with an eye on performance management due to large volumes of data (in Oracle 10g)
Was part of an internationally operating project team (Zurich, London, Singapore)
- Developed online presences for NGOs and small/medium enterprises (PHP, HTML, MySQL/PostgreSQL, CSS, XML, RSS)
- Developed database applications to manage inventory and payments for wine dealer
- Integration of a credit card payment process into an existing shop solution
- Consulting for web presence integration into communication processes
- Internet marketing and optimization for search engines
- Developed various online games and sport event companion sites
- Technologies: PHP, MySQL